Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Life in Color: Purple Girl



This project was based off of National Geographic's "Life in Color" photos. I used my favorite color (purple, obviously) and selected images that had meaning to me, trimmed and arranged them. The background I chose because I loved all the different shades and the curtain and vase of roses reminded me of theatre. I used the color replacement tool on the sunflower, because where I was born there were lots of them and they've always been my favorite. The gorgeous sketchbook and mask I included because I love drawing and acting. Finally, I took a picture of my favorite shoes because I feel they're representative of me. They're quirky, an unusual color, funky, a little offbeat and covered in paint...

I wish the History Brush tool was working, because then I would have desaturated the mask and brought back the purple area around the eyes to make it pop more. I also wish I had come up with a better layout for the images rather than just shoving them all into the corner or sides, but I wanted the chandelier, vase, and curtain to be visible which limited my options. I might try this project again with a different color and include more original pictures, but overall I liked how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment