Thursday, February 7, 2013

Comic Project


So this project was inspired by my friends who taught me how to play this weird card game called Mao. The rule seems pretty simple at first: "The only rule I can tell you is this one." but it quickly gets pretty complicated. The game basically functions like Uno, but with some other odd rules thrown in. For example, there can be verbal cues you have to say, or actions you have to perform when you put down a certain type of card. Every round the winner gets to add in a new rule, but doesn't tell anyone what it is. Weird and frustrating as this game can be, I always have a good time. 

Unfortunately,  the idea of having a good time did not apply to the process of making this project. I had the (what I thought was a) brillant idea to draw my comic out by hand from scratch, since that's a hobby of mine anyway. I felt like I was wrestling with this project tooth and nail the whole way. Nothing seemed to want to go right, and granted that it's hard to color on a tablet you're not used to, by the end I was so frustrated with myself I had considered throwing something across the room a couple of times. 

But that's just how some things are sometimes, luckily, I did manage to finish and now I can move onto to something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment