Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Midterm Project



Rather than use several images, I chose to take one huge image and break it down into little 1in x 1in boxes, each on their own layer. To keep myself from getting confused (because that's over 35 layers already) I labeled each row with a letter and each column with a number so I knew exactly what each square was of and where it was located. I tried to keep most of the big changes on the inside of the flower and outside surrounding it, because I wanted to keep the petals looking like, well petals.

Overall, I was going for something that would comprised of 35 completely unique squares but formed something unified and recognizable; much like how people are. They're made of all these interesting different sides and little quirks that form together to make one personality. I'm very pleased with the end result and enjoyed this project.
 

1 comment: