Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Authentic Project

For this project we were assigned to create an image using nothing but our own original photos and drawings.




This project was inspired by one of my friends who got me into the A Series of Unfortunate Events books, which features the evil Count Olaf as it's main villan who happens to have a  tattoo of an eye on his ankle. The friend that introduced me to the series often wears the outrageous and awesome high heels, which inspired me to draw her with the VFD eye tattoo.

First I sketched out the basic outline, then went back to add the color and color effects, and then finally I made the background using some of the more unusual brushes in very large sizes and added in the caption.


My other project was inspired by this photo I've often used before, but I decided to doodle a menagerie of things that were important or relevant to me and my imagination, using the same process as before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment